No. 1 : Quick Recipe
Shrimp Salad with Mole Vinaigrette
- 2 Heads Radicchio, (or red cab- bage),thinly sliced
- 8 – 12 Cups Arugula
- 1 Cup Chopped *Marcona Almonds
- 1 Cup Shredded Manchego Cheese
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Cup Chopped Spanish Green Olives (with pimentos)
- 1 LB Cooked, Shelled Large Shrimp
- 2 Corn Tortillas, sliced in thin strips
- 1⁄2 tsp Olive Oil
Toss together all ingredients except tortillas and oil. In a cast iron or sauté pan, cook tortillas in oil until crisp. Drizzle salad with mole vinaigrette. Top with tortilla strips.
Mole Jar Vinaigrette
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Jalapeño, ribbed, seeded and minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1 TB Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, (NOT Dutch Processed)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 3 TB Orange Juice
- 2 TB Lime Juice
- 1 TB Honey
- ½ tsp Chipotle Tabasco
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
No. 2 : Kitchen Scoop
The name Mole refers to a number of different of sauces in Mexico – all containing fruit, a chili and often a nut. I’m using the name Mole quite liberally for this salad dressing, because with its orange, lime, cocoa powder and cinnamon it reminds me of traditional Mole flavor.
No. 3 : Clever Idea
*Moister, sweeter and softer than a traditional almond, Marcona Almonds have been popular in Mediterranean countries for years and now are gaining fans here in the U.S, as well. Most often sold roasted and salted, they are a scrumptious addition to this salad or as a snack on their own.
No. 4 : Wine FIND of the Week
Graham Beck Brut Rosé Cap Classique
This charming sparkler from South Africa is full of delicious flavors from familiar grapes, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Its made in the traditional Méthode Cap Classique – a process like that of France’s Champagne. Full of lively bubbles and flavors of minerals, herbs, flowers and berries, it’s a perfect quaff to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Its awesome price will make you happy to share it with your special someone – and your friends as well!