We love salads that you can enjoy as a whole meal – If you are looking for a hearty veggie dinner this spring – you CAN enjoy this salad. Its a full meal with its protein packed beans, nutritious fiber filled veggies and satisfying eggs.
We are using parsley to make a clean green pop of flavor in this salad. Did you know that parsley can help your body fight cancer, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis, along with helping prevent osteoporosis. Furthermore, it acts as a pain reliever with anti-inflammatory properties. It also provides relief from gastrointestinal issues such as indigestion, stomach cramps, bloating, and nausea, while helping to strengthen the immune system. Parsley brings lots of benefits from an herb that we think as “ordinary”!
Spanish Style White Bean Salad
- 1 (15 OZ) Can White Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Cup Minced Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Minced Red Bell Pepper or Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Minced Roma Tomato
- 1 Cup Chopped Black Olives
- ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Small Clamshell Baby Spinach
- Spanish Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and sliced
To make the salad, add the Beans through the Parsley to a bowl and toss with a drizzle of the vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the spinach in 4 shallow bowls and drizzle with the vinaigrette. (OR place on a large platter.) Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with the salad mixture arrange eggs on top. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TB Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Grated Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste.
Add the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard and honey to a small jar and shake. Taste and season with salt and pepper.