No. 1 : Quick Recipe
Summery Light Shrimp Salad
- 2 TB Each Lemon and Orange Juice
- 2 TB Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic, Grated
- 2 TB Avocado or Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Each Sea Salt and Pepper
- 2 LBs (16 – 20) Large Shrimp
- 2 Cups Halved Grape Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro + more
- 15 OZ Can Black Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 2 Cups Cooked Corn Kernels
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Bag Broccoli Slaw
- 1 TB Each Lemon and Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon and 1 Orange
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Cumin AND Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
Add the marinade ingredients and shrimp to a ziplock bag, and massage to coat well. *Marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, black beans, corn, peppers and slaw and toss.
Combine the dressing ingredients and shake in a jar. Pour the dressing over tomato bowl and toss. Set aside.
Remove the shrimp from bag and discard marinade. Place the shrimp on a sheet pan and slide into the oven. Check and flip after about 4 minutes – shrimp will be done when pink and firm to the touch, about 5-6 minutes OR add shrimp to a clean well-oiled grill or grill pan and grill 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Peel the shrimp and add the shrimp to the salad, garnish with chopped cilantro.
No. 2 : Kitchen Scoop
In a recipe like this one, you’ll need to adjust your cooking time based on the size of the shrimp. My favorite size for this salad is 16/20, which may be labeled anything from medium to jumbo!
No. 3 : Clever Idea
Don’t marinate your shrimp for longer than 30 minutes. There is lemon juice in the marinade, which will quickly “cook” the shrimp with acidity.
No. 4 : Cheers!
Michel Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi
Gavi, Piedmont Italy
Have you enjoyed the cool, crisp dry wine of the Gavi region of Italy? If not, its time to try it. Light and food-friendly, this wine is named for its place of origin, but made with the Cortese grape. Its bright acidity will bring the shrimp salad’s flavors together for a refreshing and delicious pairing.