We love quinoa! Since spring is here and the days are getting longer, you may be searching for an easy to fix one dish dinner – Here you go! Full of fresh veggies and fruit, it’s a go-to salad that the whole family will enjoy.
The bright pop of parsley adds a “green” flavor to this salad. Parsley has myricetin which is a flavonoid that helps fight skin cancer. In fact, it has one of the highest concentrations in foods! Parsley also helps keep the bones strong because by eating just ten little sprigs, you are getting your daily Vitamin K amount. Remember, it is not just a pretty looking decoration on fancy food, parsley packs a huge punch from a nutrition standpoint as well.
Quinoa, Squash and Apple Salad
- 1 ½ Cups Quinoa, Prepared as Package directs
- *Apple Cider Dressing:
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Apple
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Apple
- 2 Cups Chopped Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Cup Chopped Dried Apricots or Cranberries
- ½ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- ½ Cup Chopped Toasted Almonds
- ½ Cup Chopped Parsley
- 3 Thinly Sliced Green Onions for Garnish
Step One Toss the Quinoa with ½ of the dressing.
Step Two Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and garnish with the sliced green onions.
*Apple Cider Dressing
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider (or Apple Juice)
- 3 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1/4 Tsp each Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Shake the ingredients together in a jar