No. 1 : Quick Recipe
Chilled Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1 Box Rice Noodles
- 1 Recipe *Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1 Bag Broccoli Coleslaw Mix
- 1 Red Pepper, Julienned
- ½ Cup Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Blanched Asparagus
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
Cook the noodles as the box directs. Drain and then add cool water to the pot and leave the noodles in the water, until you are ready to use them, then drain them again. This allows the noodles to stay separate and cool off.
Toss the noodles with 2-3 TBs of the Dressing. Then add the coleslaw, red pepper, red onion, snow peas and cilantro. Add additional dressing to taste and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
*Thai Peanut Dressing
- ½ Cup Smooth Natural Peanut Butter (only ingredients should be peanuts or peanuts and salt)
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Braggs or Tamari
- 1/3 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 TB Fish Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sriracha or other Asian Chili Sauce
- 2 TB Dark or Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
No. 2 : Kitchen SCOOP
You can find rice noodles like the ones in the picture above in the regular grocery store. You’ll know you are buying the right noodles when the directions are to cook briefly or simply pour boiling water over the noodles.
No. 3 : Clever Idea
“Blanching” means to bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then drop your veggies in for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove them and slide into a bowl of ice water – this keeps your veggies bright green and beautiful!
No. 4 : Wine FIND of the Week
DR Loosen Brothers
Think you don’t like Riesling? Think again – this zesty white will change your mind! Mosel is located in the far west part of Germany, and its steep rocky slopes are perfect for growing the delicious riesling grape. Hand picked and made in100% Stainless steel makes the wine sing with racy acidity – perfect for a veggie-full Asian salad like this one.