May is National Salsa month. WOO HOO! I “salsa-d into spring” with three yummy and easy to make salsa that you can serve up in lots of different ways!
Fun Host Christine Pullara and I whipped up three different salsas. A tomato salsa with a twist that uses fresh and sundried tomatoes, a blueberry salsa and a yummy bright mango salsa.
Fresh Salsa (see above)
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- 8 Dried Chilies, (Your choice)
- 12 – 16 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 6 – 8 Large, Ripe, Roma Tomatoes
- 1 TB Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and remove from the heat. Split and seed the chilies, (wear gloves!) and add them to the water – allow to soak for 15 minutes.
Place the chilies, water, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, Roma tomatoes, and lime juice in a blender. Pulse until well combined.
- 16 OZ Blueberries
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- ½ Cup Blueberries Preserves
- 2 TB Red Onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, ribbed, seeded and minced
- 2 TB Cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and stir to blend. Cover and chill 1-2 hours to blend flavors. Serve with sweet potatoes, grilled meat or with chips as an appetizer.
Mango Mint Salsa
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Grated
- 8 -10 Mint Leaves and Stems
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño, Ribs & Seeds Removed and Minced
- 2 Large Mangoes, Peeled, Pitted and Chopped
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- Sea Salt to Taste
Stir all the ingredients together.