Drink Wine Get Organized with the Leprechauns in your life. ☘️🍀
Posted by Nancy Waldeck on Thursday, March 15, 2018
Don’t you love the hats:)
Spinach and Artichoke Gratin
- 2 (12 OZ) Packages Chopped Spinach, Defrosted and Drained (Well!)
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pkg Frozen Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 1 TB Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 OZ Pkg Light Soft Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- Panko Bread Crumbs (Japanese Breadcrumbs)
- Olive Oil Spray or Drizzle
Defrost the Frozen Spinach. Squeeze the Spinach in a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to remove all the water. Set aside.
Toss the Artichoke Hearts with the Lemon Juice.
In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the onion until softened but not brown. Set aside.
Whisk the Soft Cream Cheese and the yogurt together. Add the sautéed Yellow Onion, and the Salt and Pepper.
Place the Artichokes in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish. Add the Chopped Spinach mixture on top. Sprinkle the Panko Breadcrumbs over the Spinach, and spray or drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes or until warm and crust is golden brown.
Wine Pairing – Dry Creek Chenin Blanc
Crisp and clean tasting chenin blanc from a much-awarded California winery. Perfect to cut through the creaminess of the cheese and yogurt and bright enough to compliment the green tasting spinach!
Carrie’s Organizing Tips (Its all about the money…)