November is National Stuffing Month, but stuff much more than a turkey. Cara and I will create fun appetizers that are quick, easy and delicious and that can be stuffed in all kinds of delicious veggies and rolls!
Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and MORE
This easy recipe can be stuffed into almost anything! Since the crabmeat is already cooked – try stuffing it into tomatoes. peppers or small, sweet peppers.
- 12 – 16 Mushroom Caps, precooked in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes
- 4 OZ Goat Cheese, softened
- 3 – 4 OZ Crabmeat – Special or Backfin
- 2 TB Grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Chopped Rosemary
- 2 TB Panko optional -if stuffing and cooking mushrooms
Mash the goat cheese in a small bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stuff into mushrooms, top with panko and return to the oven for 5 minutes to warm up. OR stuff into veggies like the ones listed above.
Creamy Crab Bisque Stuffed in Bread Bowls
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (15 oz) Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes or 6 Roma Tomatoes, cut in half and placed skin side up under the broiler until blackened
- 1 LB Crabmeat, Backfin or special
- 1 – 2 TB Lemon Juice
- 8 – 10 Crusty Dinner Rolls
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion and red pepper and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, oregano, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring liquid to a boil and then simmer over low heat about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to the soup, and simmer until warm. Stir in crab and cook until just cooked through. Add lemon juice, taste for salt and pepper.
To make the bread bowls, preheat your oven to 400F. Spray or brush the Olive Oil into the hollowed out cavity of the bread bowls – brush the outside lightly too and place them on the baking sheet and into the oven to toast/warm for about 5 minutes. Ladle the bisque into the bread bowls, garnish with parsley.