Cooking up Three Spectacular Sides!
We are celebrating an iconic food of the United States today – The cheeseburger! Everyone loves a cheeseburger! Its time to celebrate with a big juicy burger and three spectacular sides.
- Gotta have an order of fries – Here’s how to make them deliciously and SO easily and a little better-for-you at home
- Baked Beans are a traditional side for tailgates and cook outs, here’s a version made with America’s favorite – black beans
- Slaw is a side that tops a burger! This one with cilantro and the kick of jalapeño will not only add crunch – but SPICE up your burger too.
Oven Baked French Fries
- 1 Large Baking Potato
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (or you favorite seasoning blend) to Taste
Step One Scrub the potato, and cut into ½ inch fries.
Step Two Preheat the oven to 400F. Drain and dry the potatoes, Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss with oil until evenly coated -spread out in one layer. Cook for about 30 minutes, turning them over once. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.
Black Baked Beans
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Each Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1 TB Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 2 Medium Carrots, Grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Grated
- 2 Jalapeños, Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Cup Veggie Broth
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 3 TB Molasses
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 (15-oz) Cans Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Preheat oven to 400F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the next 7 ingredients and sauté about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables soften. Reduce the heat to low and add the broth, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, ketchup, and cider vinegar. Stir until combined and add the beans.
Spoon into a 9 x12” casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Ganish with cilantro.
Napa Slaw with Cilantro Dressing
- 1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 3 TB Canola Oil
- 1 – 2 Jalapeños, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt & Pepper + more to taste
- 1 Small Head Napa Cabbage (about 11/2 lbs), cored and shredded
- 3 Carrots Shredded
- 8 Green Onions, Thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Whisk together vinegar, honey, ginger,oil, chilies, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and toss well. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.