No. 1 : Quick Recipe
Zesty Goat Cheese and Veggie Dip
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 3 TB Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Skim Milk
- 1 Cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Chopped Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Pkg Frozen Artichoke Hearts, defrosted and chopped OR 1 (14 oz) Can Artichoke Hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
- ½ Cup Sliced Roasted Red Peppers
- ½ Cup Chopped Chives, divided
- 2 TB Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp grated Lemon Zest
- 6 oz Goat Cheese, divided
Sauté green onions in oil until soft. Whisk in flour, then milk. Simmer, whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and add cheddar. Stir till smooth and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add in broccoli, cauliflower, artichokes, roasted peppers, ¼ cup chives, parsley, zest and ½ of goat cheese. Place in large ramekin and sprinkle top with remaining goat cheese. Bake in 350F oven until warm and bubbling about 20 minutes. Garnish with the remaining chives.
No. 2 : Kitchen Scoop
Goat cheese is a wonderful choice when you are craving creamy-cheesy-fix. Lower in fat and calories than a double or triple crème cheese – its still BIG on taste.
No. 3 : Clever Idea
This dip is super with crudités or chips. Or enjoy the leftovers by tucking it inside a pita with shredded lettuce and a sliced tomato for a super sandwich!
No. 4 : Cheers!
Louis Latour Pouilly-Fuisse Chardonnay
Maconnais District, Burgundy France
Yes, more than beer can be served for the game! This easy-to-find French charmer is made from Chardonnay, but without the bluster of oak that California Chards can have. Crisp and bright, light and lemony, this will go great with your veggie dip AND more typical tailgating fare like wings and guacamole.