Easy, full of protein and the flavors we associate with Mediterranean foods like olives, capers, roasted red peppers and garlic this is a super picnic and potluck salad for a holiday weekend!
No. 1 : Quick Recipe
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups Prepared Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Capers, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sundried Tomatoes, (NOT in oil)
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Artichoke Hearts
- 1 (15 OZ) Can Garbanzo Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Jalepeno, Seeds and Ribs Removed and Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dill
- 1 Recipe Mediterranean Dressing*
In a large bowl, toss the ingredients together with the dressing serve in a bed of baby greens – or stuff the salad into small sweet peppers that have been seeded and halved.
No. 2 : Kitchen Smidgen
- 2 Anchovies that have been mashed well with a fork
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TB Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 TB Chopped Dill
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Place the ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.
No. 3 : Get Creative
When you cook with anchovies in a sauce or dressing, typically you’ll have leftovers from the tin. Just drain and package them up in plastic wrap and label them. They will keep in your freezer for 2 or 3 months . When you want to use them, just take them out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you need them.
No. 4 : Wine FIND of the Week
Le Galantin Bandol
World Market about $17.00
This beautiful Rose is from one of France’s most favorite appellations, (places), for Rose – Bandol. Made with the grapes Mouvedre, Cinsault and Grenache its crisp and minerally taste is perfect for a salad with a fragrant herb and garlic dressing. Its a good choice for most lighter fare, including veggies, salads and seafood.